Most people think converting word documents to PDF files involves a lot of work.Contrary to this,the process is very simple if one knows the right tools and websites for this purpose. It only takes a few seconds to convert any word document to a PDF file and that too for free. Both online and offline methods(softwares) are available for this.
- Online : Doc2pdf –> This website allows you to convert your favourite word document to a PDF file with the help of a single click.Just browse the word document from your computer and click on “convert document”.Your PDF file will be available for download instantly without any registration or payment.Save the file on your computer and voila,it’s done !
- Offline : There are a number of softwares available for free which convert word documents to pdf files.The most popular one is listed below:-
1. Universal Document Converter is the most complete solution for the conversion of documents into Adobe PDF or graphical files. The underlying basis of Universal Document Converter is the technology of virtual printing. As a result, converting Word to PDF format is not any more complicated than printing on a desktop printer.
Steps involved in using this software :-
- Download and install Universal Document Converter software onto your computer.
- Open the document in Microsoft Word and press File–>Print in application main menu.
- Select Universal Document converter from the Printers list and press Properties button.
- On the Settings panel,click Load properties
- Use the Open dialog to select “Text document to PDF,xml” and click Open.
- Click OK in Microsoft Word Print dialog to start converting. When the PDF file is ready, it will be saved to the My DocumentsUDC Output Files folder by default.
- Converted document will then be opened in Adobe Acrobat or another viewer associated with PDF files on your computer.