Windows Live Messenger has been there since times immemorial (not really :P) and is one of the most widely used messengers in the world. However, it comes with a lot of annoying advertisements which blatantly present themselves right in the faces of users.
Thankfully a software, an application actually, caled “A-Patch” can be used to fix this and to get rid of all those distracting advertisements. It allows you to chat freely with your friends and family without any interruption by any banner ad. Although A-Patch is best used to make Live Messenger ad-free, it can also be used for various other functions, including:
- Remove text advertisements
- Disable Photo Sharing
- Disable Video Sharing
- Remove the Featured section from the Emoticons “more” dialog box.
- Disable Nudge Shake Remove Nudge Delay Remove the top of the Contact List.
- Remove Search Bar.
- Remove the “Connected to…” bar.
- Added compatibility for Windows Live Messenger 2011 version 15.4.3508.1109
- Accept more than 3 files (transfers at a time)
Upon installing A-Patch, you have to manually uncheck the “Show expanded footer in conversation windows” option, which is located in Tools > Options > Messages in the Live Messenger.